Facebook has recently released a long-awaited official plugin for WordPress. The plugin enables cross-posting between a Facebook profile and a WordPress blog.
There have been some attempts by individual developers at releasing similar plugins in the past, but none really worked out because integrating Facebook and WordPress is a hell of a business.
What Does the Plugin Do?
The official Facebook plugin for WordPress supports mobile and internationalization, and has many, many features. The key ones are listed below.
- Enables you to distribute Posts or Pages you publish on WordPress on Facebook, at exactly the same time. Once you start using this plugin, your WordPress post or page will appear on the friends and pages’ timelines you have on Facebook;
- Comes with social plugins that let you easily implement the Facebook Like, Send, and Subscribe buttons on your blog, as well as add Facebook SEO comments on your blog that search engines will index. A neat Recommendation Bar is also included;
- Supports official Facebook WordPress Widgets that can be dragged
and dropped into your blog’s sidebar. Widgets add extra social features,
like recent activity, recommendations, and the like, send, and
How to Install It
- First grab the plugin from http://wordpress.org/
- Upload it to your plugins directory /wp-content/plugins/
using your FTP client.
- Activate the plugin from the backend.
- Set up your Facebook app, following the step-by-step instructions on the screen.
- Enable Publish to author’s Timeline.
- Go to https://developers.
- Click on your app and then on Open Graph.
- Create New Action Type.
- Publish and Submit.
- To make these posts public, log into Facebook via the WordPress control panel.
- Publish a Post or Page on WordPress.
- Go to the Open Graph tab again and click Submit.
You’re done! From now on your Facebook friends will see your WordPress content!